Friday, April 29, 2016

Everyone is beautiful : Breaking myths of beauty






Hello guys! Hope all are doing well.


Today's blog is one of my favorite topics. Please stay with me until the end. You'll love this one! And I can bet on this too! 


We all are different. With different mindsets and different views. We all have our own idea of what's attractive or let's say what's beautiful. We're humans, not pre-programmed machines. Sadly we all do, many times, fall for the outer beauty. We see someone so gorgeous looking that we presume them as the person made for us and we start putting them on a pedestal.

But we forget about one thing. 
Isn't he/she human? 
Won't they have any bad habits? 

You really never know what's going on inside someone's personal life. The girl whom you just saw who looks so beautiful to you, she might not be the one who could understand your dreams. If she's beautiful doesn't mean that she won't be having any faults, issues, and her own set of baggage. Just because someone is pretty doesn't mean they're perfect for you. Beauty is just a small piece of the jigsaw puzzle of your better half. The guy in the office who seems very cute to you might be having some serious anxiety issues that you won't like to handle.

I think we all have taken the meaning of beauty to a whole new road that leads to destruction. We really need to take a new route to enlightenment.  See, I won't lie that physical attraction isn't important for me, but it isn't the be all and end all thing for me. It's not the most important thing for me. Beauty is commonplace. It's present everywhere. Go in a mall, or a grocery store or a movie hall and I can find tons of pretty girls out there but does that mean that I will put them up on a pedestal and be needy and chase them? No, not at all. The internal qualities like kindness, compassion, love for others and respect, these are the qualities which hold true importance for me.


How would you feel living a life with a girl/ boy who looks pretty but is an emotional wreck inside ? Life won't remain sweet after the youth period is over.

You know how I define beauty ?

Beauty is helping a stranger lift a heavy bag.
Beauty is making a sad friend smile. 
Beauty is caring about everyone around you. 
Beauty is being respectful to other's feelings. 
Beauty is standing for what's right versus running away from it. 
Beauty is courage. 
I strongly believe that women are more powerful than men when it comes to being emotionally strong. And that is the most beautiful thing for me. Salute to all the ladies out there ! Hats off !

I believe that everyone is beautiful. Outer beauty is just a myth. A small baby, no matter how ugly he might seem to you, is the most beautiful thing for his/her mother. 
A man standing in the road aged 80+ who is distributing toys to earn a living is beautiful to me because he didn't give up to the circumstances. 
A woman who is fighting a case against a rapist is beautiful because she is fighting for what's right. 
Beauty is a small girl giving a peck on the cheeks of his dad who just came back after 2 years of living abroad. 

I believe beauty is in the way you see the world. Whatever you look for, seems beautiful to you. So I suggest you look within. Look for something that's long lasting. Look for trust, loyalty, kindness, patience. These things last much longer than the face.

What's more important for you, the heart or the face ? The face will fade away with time. But guess what, the heart will get bigger and bigger, wiser and wiser, loving and more loving as the time passes by. I leave the ball in your court now. Choose what suits you best, a beautiful face or a golden heart ? 





Stay motivated. Stay excited. Stay happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there!

I hope you liked it...

Please share your extremely valuable views with me here.

Would love to know thoughts of your beautiful soul :)