Saturday, August 06, 2016

What's your excuse for not exercising?

This blog post is going to be a short one so pardon me for that, but I assure you it'll give you highest returns.

I have the habit of going for my jogging every morning. So today after the session, I went straight to my terrace to spend some time with nature and drink my protein shake. Then only I saw a genius in action. And this man was no extraordinary, he was a garbage collector of our apartments. But what he was doing is what moved me.

I have heard a lot of excuses from my colleagues and friends that you need to have money to be fit. But this particular man just shattered all of that misconception with his dedicated action.

So what I noted is :-

 There is a flat in our apartments which have a metal ladder that connects the flat with its terrace. And this guy what he did is, he first did 10 pull ups on that particular ladder. Kept his garbage bag on one side, did 20 crunches and followed them by 25 push-ups!

 I just couldn't take my eyes off the Genius show playing in front of my eyes. He wasn't able to see me. But he was doing it no matter what the world thought about him. He was doing it because he wanted to. And that is really significant, marvelous even !

I believe that a genius is not about what moves he shows on the stage, a genius is all about the hard work and dedication they put in when no one is watching them. A true leader is dedicated to sharpening his craft each and every moment not like some pseudo leader who comes on stage to speak two or three borrowed words, hear claps and go and relax. A true leader is meant to create more leaders and for this, they need to be in top high quality oriented mindset and fitness.

When that guy came to my home to collect the garbage I asked him why does he do that and don't people laugh at him ?
I was stunned by the wisdom of his reply and repeated those words for some time to digest them. His reply was simply this.

"God has sent us all same. Fitness isn't a necessity. Its a personal decision to make. And those who laugh at me, I feel pity for them, because am the only one who never lets their houses stink even for one day. I don't just clean their houses, I save them from a world of diseases. I am a savior."

And he smiled and left me standing there admiring his greatness.

Won't you call such a person a superhero?

Savoir.

We're just running from office to home, earning few dollars, living in the lavish homes and still don't find the time for fitness.

That savior didn't regard his "craft" ( I have to call it as the craft because am so deeply touched by his wisdom) as a mere job. He took it as a responsibility. And fitness as a necessity.

This man wasn't just another human being, he was a man of wisdom.

What's your excuse for not exercising?



Till next time.




Stay motivated. Stay excited. Stay happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there!

I hope you liked it...

Please share your extremely valuable views with me here.

Would love to know thoughts of your beautiful soul :)