Tuesday, August 09, 2016

EQ Vs IQ (Part 1 of 2)

Just a few weeks back I got my home renovated. Some labourers were employed who did their craft amazingly and made my home beautiful with a completely new, fresh and energizing ambience.
Now let me introduce you to my neighbor. He is a well mannered 34 years old man who is a senior level manager working in a big firm in Delhi.

So, on one day when the labourers were going from my home, after completing their that day's job, at the same time, this manager guy was coming up. The view was so contrasting to me that it intrigued me to look at them both separately and analyze them in different perspectives. After analyzing them for over an hour, In it, I discovered some deep wisdom to learn from the teacher called "Life".

On one side there is this labourer who is making a few dollars in a month so that he could afford a meagre existence in the slums. On the other hand, there is this manager, who makes 20X of what the labourer is earning. Now yes, we do understand the difference in both the parties is because of difference in educational qualifications, skill sets, knowledge and nature of work, besides other factors. But what really inspired me is the fact that a labourer seems to be much fitter and happier than the modern age managers ! The manager guy, which I shared with you about earlier is having a fat tummy and seems to be very lazy. Whereas the labourer is always active and full of energy during his whole work day. That labourer did engrave the high importance of fitness in our lives. Then when I looked closely at them, with regard to their personal lives, emotional standards, and the job satisfaction, I was surprised to see that the labourer won in all of it!

HOW COULD IT BE POSSIBLE?



For knowing the answer of this question, kindly choose any one of the two formulas :-


MORE MONEY = MORE HAPPINESS

OR

MORE MONEY = MORE TENSIONS + MORE WORRIES + MORE WORKS TO DO + MORE GLOOMY DAYS + MORE RISK OF LOSING THAT MONEY.




Now let me ask you, what formula do you agree on ?



If you got on the first one, let me congratulate you because you are on the abundance mindset.
And if you chose the second one, then you are in the scarcity mindset.



Why is that so ?



Abundance mindset makes you feel that you are in control of money, whereas the scarcity mindset suggests you that money is in control of you. No wonder that why most of the people then end up running after money and on the other hand why some people become millionaires in just one generation !

The labourer was on the abundance mindset, as compared to the manager who was residing in the scarcity mindset. The labourer is always smiling, takes his work just like a CEO gives regard to his work, enjoys his life completely and is in fact, according to me, leading a richer life as compared to the manager, who is constantly complaining, fat, smokes 3-4 cigarettes in a day and night. He has even forgotten how to smile.

This feels so painful to me that why do some people have a strong IQ but lack in a strong EQ ? A large part of the answer to this is that the "manager types" are not aware of the high importance of a strong EQ. A person with stronger EQ is able to dodge the problems of life much easily and wisely as compared to the other.
The word I want to focus here is balance. I believe we should balance the EQ of the labourer with the IQ of the manager.

Money is important in our lives. Obviously, it makes the journey of life easy, but it shouldn't be allowed to rule us. Otherwise, the health and emotional lives you are sacrificing right now to earn the money might be the same culprits who will eat up your bank account.  We really shouldn't let our emotional life be at the mercy of the work pressure of the job we are doing. I understand that these are tough times and your company needs you more than ever, but the times were always tough. And they always will be in the future as well. All humans have their share of the sorrows and smiles. Life actually means to count the smiles and eliminate the sorrows.

The labourer indeed taught me a valuable lesson. So, who do you think is richer among the two ?


I know you all will be on the lookout to know how to make your EQ stronger, so in my next blog post, you'll be served with some gorgeous ideas and mind blowing tactics to make you completely indomitable.



Till next time. 




Stay motivated. Stay excited. Stay happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there!

I hope you liked it...

Please share your extremely valuable views with me here.

Would love to know thoughts of your beautiful soul :)