Thursday, September 01, 2016

Am I a misfit ?

I understand, that it is a bit strange for you to find such a topic on my blog and most obviously, you are intrigued by the fact that why today have I taken this topic to write. Rest your questions. Let's talk.

Many times we have had this thought that the world is right and we are wrong. This arises the self-doubt. And as soon as we start immersing ourselves and keep dwelling on this thought of "if I am a misfit or not" before we know it, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, which then feeds on our minds like weeds destroying a gorgeous garden.

So how to avoid it and make sure that we keep our mind's beautiful garden weed free ?

 For that we first need to understand the concept behind "I'm a misfit or not" mindset.

Obviously, I am no certified doctor or a psychiatrist but I have seen the lows of life a lot more than my peers and have myself suffered this fear's pain. Have been there. Done that. Came out successfully. So I thought, why not help others overcome this fear ?

In this blog post I'll not only just remove that weed completely from your mind, but till the end of the blog post, I assure you that you will feel the presence of a newly sown seed of self-confidence and vitality within you. Because if we leave it removed, it will surely grow back. (No am not into farming, if you're thinking that, but my mom is. Happened to learn a thing or two from her)

You are a misfit. You think so ... okay. Give me the reason. WHY ?

Is it because you are so much passionate about chasing your dreams ?

Is it because you are always ready to help people?

Is it because you happen to forgive people much easily than if the sides are exchanged?

Is it because you love others so much and you don't get that love back ?

Or is it because you have that faith in your skills that the world cannot see you successful, but you can ?

What is your reason?

And am asking YOUR REASON!
Not the society's reason !!!

For instance, if you are answering me that "my friends and family members who know me well, they have told me that I can't do it" then still it isn't YOU speaking.


I demand an answer from you.


Why do you think that you are a misfit ?

Write down that reason on a piece of paper.

And now reflect on it.
You'll be astonished to discover that what you are thinking is not what your mind is saying, instead it's the product of other people's mindset and opinions.
If you want to be a dancer then be it. Stretch yourself to that bigness. The world will never be able to measure your dreams in their short sighted closed box mentality.
The world never believed the impossible word to be defeated until some man got up, rolled up his sleeves, slogged day and night and made that possible.

The world always used to believe that it is impossible to break the four-minute mile race record. Many tried and failed. A guy named Roger Bannister did what nobody could imagine and broke that record. It went viral. And within few weeks others were seen covering that distance in less than four minutes as well. I think we have a lot to learn from this story. Firstly, that nothing is undefeatable for the man who never gives up and is burning with hot red passion for differentiating himself from the crowd. And secondly, no one believed it could be done until one man did it. And others thus followed him. Why? Because he gave them the hope that it can be done !

We all are misfits in some way or other. Am no exception. Negatives and positives are there in all of us. Yin Yang. It obviously is true. But it solely rests in your hands to take your good to such a high level that your bad becomes so light that one day it vanishes from the brightness of the good in you. And just reflect in the thought that "IF WE REALLY WERE A MISFIT, WHY WOULD THEN WE BE HAVING THAT POWER TO THINK ABOUT OUR DREAMS ?"

You are not a misfit. Believe me. You are sent on this planet Earth to complete a mission. This world wouldn't have been the same if you weren't in it. We need you. The world needs your talents. See yourself as a small jigsaw piece of a big jigsaw puzzle. Earth is that image on it and I and you are just those tiny little jigsaw pieces. It all just fits in !
It will take you time to find your right place in it. Where you fit. Happily and lively. When you do discover it... You'll be ecstatic! :) And that is my heartfelt wishes for you.

So I want to leave you today with the thought that why not you be the Roger Bannister of your field?

Please remember that you don’t have to do what everyone else is doing, and you don’t even need permission from the world to get your dreams done. What you do today is important, because you are exchanging one day of your life for it.

It's okay for the world to not believe in you. It's okay for the critics to laugh at your idea to be a legend. It's okay to sometimes fight over with your loved ones over your passion. Because in the end, only one question will remain.


"Did you make it happen ?"








Stay motivated. Stay excited. Stay happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there!

I hope you liked it...

Please share your extremely valuable views with me here.

Would love to know thoughts of your beautiful soul :)