Tuesday, June 21, 2016

When I made a stranger smile. . . :)

I have always been a big supporter of the smiling habit and making others smile along your own personal journey of life. So a few weeks back I had a beautiful incident and today it struck my mind that why not share it with you all.

I presume here that you all must have read my blog post on my bike ride, if not click here. I really love my bike. So a few weeks back, my mom told me to go to the nearby market and fetch some vegetables. Being an obedient son I did what I was told to. As I was walking from the shop towards my bike to go back home, my cell rang up. Mom told me to wait there since she also has to buy something else. I did the same.

Waiting, waiting and still waiting. Then all of a sudden, from nowhere, a little boy of around 10 yrs of age came to me and started chatting with me about my bike. So this is the conversation between us:-

He: - Hey, Is this your bike?
Me: - Yes.
He: - It's a very beautiful bike. I love red color as well. It's damn gorgeous.
Me: - Haha, yes it is. Thank you for the praise.

  (Then he said something that I had to laugh. I laughed because of the innocence with which he asked this question)
He: - How much does it cost?
Me: - (this is the moment I laughed) brother, it's very costly you'll definitely be able to buy it when you'll be of my age.
He:- Thank you. Can I ask you something ?
Me:- Sure, why not ?

He:- can I have a small ride on your bike ?

(I saw a sparkle of bike love in his eyes. I know it might sound crazy to some of you while reading this but yes, those who love something deeply and when they see it, their eyes do sparkle. And due to that sparkle I couldn't say "No" to him)

He sat on the back seat and I gave him a full round of the market. 

After the round when he got down :-

He:- Thank you, brother. You don't know me and still you gave me the ride on your bike. Thank you  ( he literally stretched his "you" here )

Me:- No, I know you. You're a dreamer. An avid dreamer like me. I always used to have a dream of having my own bike. Do you have the same?
He:- Yes, I do.
Me:- Then how can you say we don't know each other? You're also a dreamer ; bike lover like me. So I do know you now. Work hard. Study well. And never lose the sight of your dreams. One day you'll surely have your own bike, better than mine, sexier than mine and much costlier than mine.

He gave me a big smile with his "stretched" thank you and he ran away to disappear in the crowd of the market.

This was a very beautiful incident in my life. A lot of times I have talked to and even shared some good jokes with strangers, but this small boy was something else. I could notice the innate desire for a bike from the way his eyes were looking at my bike with utmost admiration and fascination. All his smiles made my day. I really can't tell you how much happy I myself felt that day. Not because I had a bike and I gave a ride, but just because I could make a significance in someone's life and give him hope. At last, it's the human and personal touches that make you happy, not the material things. 

Till next time. 





Stay motivated. Stay excited. Stay happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there!

I hope you liked it...

Please share your extremely valuable views with me here.

Would love to know thoughts of your beautiful soul :)